Topics being offered for this PD are:
1) No Daybook, No Problem: Writing Strategies and Activities Sure to Hook and Engage Even the Most Reluctant Writer
2) No Daybook, No Problem: Reading Strategies and Activities to Promote Rich Conversation and Higher Level Thinking
3) Breaking Down the Barriers: Using Media Literacy to Level the Playing Field for All Learners
Registration along with detailed descriptions will be available shortly at www.etfotvot.com
An email will be sent to all members who have an account on the etfotvot website.
Thank you to Participants and Presenters alike who joined us at yesterday's PD event at the Best Western Lamplighter. Over 100 members attended and participated in this beneficial evening of Professional Development.
Though the Shortage of Occasional Teachers in TVDSB is providing a wealth of teaching opportunities for our members, it is also responsible for the rampant violation of 2 provisions for daily OTs in our Collective Agreement:
- L18.02 - The timetable for an Occasional Teacher shall be the same as the timetable of the Teacher being replaced ...
- L16.07 - An Occasional Teacher who accepts and reports for an assignment shall be placed in that assignment unless otherwise mutually agreed.
LTOs are eligible for benefits if their assignment is greater than 90 calendar days. It seems there has been a delay in the Ontario Teachers' Insurance Plan (OTIP) receiving updated information from TVDSB so please check the link below for Frequently Asked Questions or call OTIP for more information: