ETFO Members have a perfect opportunity to tell the Liberal Government what we think of their approach to collective bargaining June 6th at the Liberal Annual General Meeting at the Blue Mountain Resort in Collingwood. Our Occasional Teacher Local along with the ETFO Thames Valley Teacher Local will provide transportation for members to participate in the Rally for Education. Join us on Saturday, June 6 and help send the Liberals a message they can't ignore!
- Buses will depart promptly from the Thames Valley Permanent Teacher Local office (2911 Bateman Trail) on Saturday, June 6 at 8:00 a.m. sharp (Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time).
- Parking is available at the Local office and car pooling is recommended.
- Buses will stop at the Woodstock Quality Inn at 8:30 a.m. to pick up ETFO members in the eastern portion of the Local.
- Please register to reserve a seat on the bus before 12:00 noon on Wednesday, June 3 by registering on-line (www.etfothamesvalley.com).
- Members are advised to bring a bag lunch.
Local Executive 2015 - 2016
Members elected the following ETFO Thames Valley Occasional Teachers at the Spring General Meeting held on May 21, 2015 at the Lamplighter Inn:
President/Chief Negotiator - Terry Card
First Vice-President - Vivek Nath
Second Vice-President - Nancy Springer
Treasurer - Kevin Utley
Secretary - Gina Droppo
Health and Safety Officer - Nicole Henderson
Executives at Large - Sheri-Lynn Honyust, Meera Jain, Sarah Pye, Tammy Tourlas
Summer Academy 2015 'Don't Miss Out' ...
Summer Academy 2015 is coming soon! Please visit the ETFO website for full details of this summer's exciting lineup of courses. There are 40 three-day professional learning courses offered in partnership between locals and the provincial office throughout July and August.
The summer Academy registration site includes course descriptions and information about dates, times, and locations across the province. Be sure to check it out and choose a course or two for you. Don't wait or you may miss out as courses fill up very quickly!
For more information, please visit the ETFO website, view this flyer (PDF|RTF) or contact Ruth Dawson, extension 2278, email@example.com, at the provincial office.
Just a reminder to complete your WHMIS Review/Offence Declaration/IT policy, mandatory online training modules and designated online Paid PD opportunities before June 26, 2015.