What you should know about Bill 115:
- Bill 115 seeks to unconstitutionally override the Ontario Labour Relations Act, the Human Rights Code and our Canadian Constitution.
- Under this legislation, the Government's actions cannot be questioned or reviewed in any court, questioned by an Arbitrator or an Arbitration Board.
- No course of action or civil proceeding may be brought against the Government.
- Trustees, duly elected by their constituents no longer have the authority to negotiate with their employees - the government will dictate the terms.
- This is not a wage freeze, but will result in an additional 1.5% pay cut with 3 unpaid days next year.
- This is the first phase of the governments plan. By the end, every education partner will be adversely affected as billions of dollars are removed from the education sector.
- The Drummond Report suggests that the Government should increase class sizes, change delivery of the Full Day Kindergarten programme, alter the Teachers' Pension Plan, and revisit the steps of our long-standing grid structure.
- To form your own opinion, I urge you to follow this link to Bill 115 Putting Students First Act 2012 -www.ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bills_detail.do?BillID=2665