Not only is it important for the Board to be able to contact their employees, but it is imperative that the Local be able to reach you and our information comes from the Board's records.
If the Local does not have your accurate mailing address, this week you will not receive:
- your annual (and always much anticipated) OT Pocket calendar with pertinent school contact info and notable dates
- our first newsletter of this school year with articles on liability should you volunteer in a schools, the Book Rebate and Professional Learning Development Fund, discounts offered by the Edvantage program and upcoming free PD opportunities
- ETFO Bargaining Bulletin #31
- information about the drop in meeting the Local is holding on October 5 at the BMO Centre on Rectory Street in London from 3 - 6 pm
- a members only invitation to the Columbia sportswear outlet
Those of you who are registered on our Local website www.etfotvot.com have ready access to important information such as:
- the full Work to Rule protocols for our CUPE colleagues - the EAs, School Secretaries, custodians, ECEs. Please respect their sanctions as they have respected our restrictions. We acknowledge that this may be stressful but this is not business as usual and by standing together, not only are we stronger, but we can be effective in bringing about real bargaining
- an archived list of the ETFO Bargaining Bulletins - we are up to thirty-one mailings
- emails alerting members to emergent issues
- details regarding professional learning opportunities
Finally, please ensure that you have updated your contact information with provincial ETFO so that you will not miss out on telephone Town Halls (where members heard that ETFO had filed an unfair labour practice complaint against the government and OPSBA) or electronic votes. Go to www.etfo.ca > Being a Member (left hand side) > then Update Member Information under Quick Links on the Left.
Paid PD Day Update -
Many members have called the office to ask if there would be any paid PD opportunities on October 2nd. The Union and the Board work on these jointly and at this time, though much is in the works, nothing has been finalized. We will let members know when these become available so again, please ensure we have accurate Contact Information!
And now for some levity -